Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 128 & 129 - Every day is cuddle day!!

Day 128

Yay! I got permission from Dr D to have cuddles every day!!! When he's crying he loves cuddles. He settles straight away when he's with me..

Jett is going really well, the surgeons took Jett's dressing down yesterday and it looks really good. The scar is right across his tummy, but really neat. He can make up whatever story he wants to in years to come :)

The surgeons are happy to increase Jett's feeds when Dr D wants, she is just staying at 3mls though for now because he aspirates are still quite large. Maybe Monday his feeds will increase..

Jett had a nice night, sitting up and being entertained! The nurse that had him is so nice, she pays him loads of attention.. He has a rocker type chair she got for him. He loves sitting up like a big boy!

He's still doing really well on CPAP.. No bradys or apnoeas :)

Day 129

Jettski had a bath today and a weigh. He weighs 4.5kg now.. I can't remember the exact weight. He wasn't sure about the bath today, he cried on and off. We had cuddles straight after. I had him wrapped up and we snuggled together for ages. He was passed out it was so cute.. I hate having to put him down to express!! He has slept most of the day. I bet I am in for a good night tonight.. Hopefully if he's unsettled I can get him out again. Jett's CPAP was weaned to 6 today.. He is just doing so amazing.. On Monday dr D will most likely wean it to 5 then he will start having time off.. Maybe 4 or 6hrs at a time.. At the moment he only has time off during baths and cares. He really loves it and maintains his oxygen sats beautifully.

We might be getting moved to another room soon! It's still ICN but it's the transition room to special care... Oh yes, discharge is close!! (Well closer than it's ever been!!) I am so happy at the moment, I have a few things I need to sort out, but it'll be done. Nothing can bring me down :) I just love being a Mum to a living baby!!!! I can't wait to get home!

2 comments:

  1. Reading your recent updates I'm just beaming! What an amazing fighter Jett is, he has come so far I can't wait for your update that your going home!

    Moving into the transition room is huge, before you know it it will be discharge time and your will be back home in your own bed snuggling your special boy every single night. What a lucky bubba he is to have you as a mother.

    He has such a beautiful little face, its great being able to see him without all the tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, I have been following your journey with Jet since you fell pregnant with him. I am SO pleased for you that you that he is doing so well. What a little fighter! Well done Jet!
    He is absolutely adorable. Looking forward to hearing about his journey home with you!

    ReplyDelete