Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 132 & 133 - Cycling off CPAP!!

Day 132

So I walked in today and saw my son's face.. All of it!!!!! Without tape!! Dr D had given him 6hrs off his CPAP! He loved it, he did so well. It was a very quiet day, Dr D wanted minimal handling to give him the best chance of keeping the CPAP off. I didn't miss out on my snuggle though, I just did it in the arvo when he was back on..

Jett went up to 9mls of milk today, he had a massive spew in the morning, but it was after his meds and vitamins as well. The pentavite makes most babies spew. He tolerated the rest of his feeds really well.

His bowels are definitely working. In fact just after I got him out last night I saw him grunting and sure enough then came the smell so I had to change his bum before we could settle for our cuddle. I wonder if I'll ever get sick of him doing poos lol.

We had a really nice cuddle, I had him from about 7.30pm til after midnight. I would drift off to sleep and wake up to my gorgeous boy. It is the best. He was very comfy and slept most of the time, although at first he was trying to latch onto my chest so I had to cradle hold him :)

We haven't moved rooms yet, but it is definitely on the cards.. I'm excited but it will be weird! We have been in that room so long! I started going through my stuff here at Ron's and packing up. Basically now it's just my clothes and toiletries that need packing.. I'm so ready to go home!!!

Day 133

12 hours off CPAP today! From 9am til 9pm.. He has again done really well. He had his bath and weigh today as normal and I had a cuddle :) It was really nice cuddling him with nothing on his face. Normally I only have him for about 5mins before they put it back on. Not today though.. He snuggled right up into my neck and fell fast asleep. So natural and normal..

I can't remember his exact weight today, it's not that significant now, as long as he keeps putting weight on, which he does! He was about 4.7kgs.. I have him dressed in a triple zero T-shirt.. My little boy is growing up..

He went up on his feeds, 12mls today, no vomiting and his aspirates are scant :) He has pooed twice today! If he keeps this up his feeds will keep increasing :) I can't wait til we can try him at the breast. Dr D said he has to be on 30 - 40mls per feed.. Hopefully it will only take him a couple of weeks to get up there.. His TPN (Total parental nutrition) is being weaned 1ml per day as his feeds increase. So he's on 19mls, which means 19 days and all going well he'll be off it. No more central line... Then we really will have freedom. I have spoken to the nurses about taking him outside and once that central line goes I should be able to. Wow! That will be such an amazing moment, taking him outside for the first time! I can't wait!!!

So many things to look forward to now!!! I'm so proud of my little Jett Plane. I am so lucky to be his Mama!!!

2 comments:

  1. Trying to latch on to your chest :) :) I wanted to cry reading that! That is just so beautiful!! I have been following you guys since Jett was born but haven't commented, I don't know why, I guess I thought it wasn't my place as I don't know you. But I just have to now, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Abby, it'll be so exciting to get him breastfeeding... and obviously he's keen to go!
    That pentavite is disgusting- I think all my baby clothes have evil yellow stains on them! It's bubs way of paying us back for squirting the terrible stuff into their mouths in the first place! :-)
    Sending love to you both,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete