Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 138 & 139 - Hello Special Care :)

Day 138

My baby is so clever! He had 2 breastfeeds today and didn't need to be topped up with a tube feed! He sometimes plays around but generally he attaches really well.

The physio came to see us today and we had tummy time on a play mat. He did really well with his head movement and follows toys.. He appears to be developing really well and reaching the milestones he should be for his adjusted age. Everyone is really happy with his progress.

Day 139

SPECIAL CARE!!!
This morning I came in for Jett's 8am breastfeed and was told that we were moving to special care. I was so happy I burst into tears.. Then I couldn't stop crying lol.. The other good news is we have gone up to 3 breast feeds a day, they are increasing every 2 days :)

Dr D came in this morning and Jett was happily feeding, Dr D said "Well I see you 2 have settled in well" :) It took us all of 15 mins lol..

Jett's breast feeds have gone well again today. He had a good feed for his 8am, without needing topping up with the tube, but his 2pm feed I woke him up for. He wasn't impressed and was more interested in sleeping than feeding so we tube fed him. He had a bath at about 3 then started showing cues, so I tried again and he did great. Attached really well and fed for quite sometime. I find in SCN (Special care nursery) it's more baby led. If he cues earlier than his feed time they are happy for me to feed, if he stops he can go back, so he ended up feeding on and off for an hour.. I love it. He looks up at me with these big eyes. Pure love..

Jett was weighed today, he has actually lost weight. Only 10grams though. He now weighs 4720. I'm wondering if it's because he's come down on the TPN. I hope he doesn't lose too much. That is what could stop us from going home.. He will be completely off TPN in about 10 days Yay!!! I'd say it wont be long after that we will be transferred to our local hospital. Then HOME!!!

I am really hoping we only have another month in hospital.. We are closer to that door though!

I am loving how awake and interactive Jett is. He has time in a vibrating chair in the mornings. He loves it normally but didn't this morning, he just wanted to be held.. So I held him :) I have mastered holding baby and pumping lol.. He almost smiled at me today. It was kind of a half smile. Very very cute! It wont be long.. I think he's about 5 weeks adjusted. He is a story teller. A chatterbox like his Mama :) He loves to be held. I hold him all day, then sometimes I try to sneak him back to bed.. Sometimes he stays asleep other times he doesn't. If he doesn't I just pick him back up again.. Luckily though he did sleep after his bath and feed so I was able to come back and have dinner. I am back at the house now, I will be going back for his 8pm feed, but I told them to call me if he wakes earlier. I wonder if they will lol..

The nurses seem nice so far, I miss my ICN nurses though. We built up a rapport over the 139 days lol. Some of them (MOST) really loved Jett and I think they are really happy he is doing so well..

He truly is my miracle baby!! I am so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment