Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 140 & 141 Baby led nursing :)

As I write this Jett is asleep on me :) We got a spot in the back corner near the window. It's because it has more space for all Jett's crap lol.. I joke its one of the perks for being long termers lol. (I love to hide in the back corner lol) Anyway I'm on my phone with baby in arms so excuse lack of punctuation and spelling errors.

So we are going well here in special care. Jett is now having 5 breast feeds a day, if he's awake, I feed him. I am going to chat to the clinical nurse consultant about staying in parent craft and doing 24 hour demand feeds. At the moment he is still being tube fed at night.

Jett is still on TPN but not for much longer, Dr D is going up faster with his tube feeds as of tomorrow which means TPN should be gone very soon. At the moment he's on 36ml feeds three hourly, then whatever he gets on the breast. Lasix will be weaned tomorrow and yesterday Jett came off his heart monitor. All he has now is his oxygen saturations probe. We will be getting transferred to our local hospital in a week or 2. I think all Dr D is waiting for is for him to tolerate full feeds (60mls 3 hourly) and be off TPN. Immunisation will be early next week so he will be monitored for reactions. After that though, we'll be off..

Jett has put on 34gms so he now weights 4754. It's good he is putting on weight, especially since he has come down on tpn and is mainly having breastfeeds. Obviously he's getting enough. My milk supply is so much better. I'm still on motilium, but having Jett feed has done wonders. Can't wait til the pump goes completely!

So it looks like we could be home soon yay! I am loving being a mummy that can do things for her child! I get here and feed him, then we either do tummy time or he has time in his vibrating rocker, or we have cuddles. Whatever Jett wants :). He doesn't sleep a lot during the day, so I get no time to do anything at all now.. I literally leave the nursery for about half an hour to eat then I'm back again.. He loves to sleep on my chest though :) It's just hard to nab a comfy recliner so my neck has been in agony from sitting uncomfortably all day. It's worth it.. Having him home will be so nice. He is so amazing, He is soooooo beautiful. I love him so much. I love the way he looks up at me when he's feeding. Just makes my heart burst with love and pride. My perfect boy :) So many people are proud of him! He's still the most visited baby by nurses. Lots of ICN nurses have come in to visit us in special care.. HE is a very loved boy!

1 comment:

  1. you can honestly "hear" the absolute pride and excitement in your posts now. I love reading your updates that just go from strength to strength each time. Well done to you both it has been a very hard, long and scary ride but what an amazing journey it has been. Next stop..... home :)

    ReplyDelete